OS media WordPress theme is a child theme of Twenty Fourteen, designed for manage featured video content generated through our OS-media video plugin
OS media WordPress Theme, allow you to manage all the features come from OS-media plugin.
This theme allows you to manage in the correct way the Custom post type, for the video content generated from OS-media plugin . In such a way that they are displayed as featured video content, through the “grid scheme used by the WP theme Twentyfourteen for the featured contents (as shown on the right image and in the link to the online DEMO version).
All happen automatically, without any configurations (the only configuration required is at the level of OS-media plugin, for the HTML5 player generation).
For the proper functioning of this theme is required the plugin OS-media
OS-media plugin generate an HTML5 video player (Video-js) and allow streaming of mp4/webm/ogv video progressively through PHP (HTTP pseudo-streaming). While OS-media plugin takes care of display the single video content of Featured Video (CPT), OS-media theme is able to properly handle the layout of Custom Post Type (Featured Videos) in particular the layout of Featured Video list (similar to the Feature Content of Twenty Fourteen Theme) extended in CPT Taxonomy area.
It is also recommended the installation of the plugin Fourteen Colors for the customization of the colors.
This theme adds the ability to add a custom logo in the Header.
Custom logo and all available custom colors options (provided by the greater recommended plugin Fourteen Colors) can be used from Appearance->Customize.
Go to WordPress.org Theme official page
link to online DEMO
WordPress video plugin OS-media is an HTML5 player based on the latest Video-js library (5.2.1), designed to make your WordPress platform a multimedia station for responsive video content on-demand
WordPress video plugin OS-media generate an HTML5 video player (Video-js) and allow streaming of mp4/webm/ogv video through php progressively (HTTP pseudo-streaming).
It works with all WP theme, but is designed specifically for OS-media theme, that is able to properly handle the layout of Custom Post Type (Featured Videos).
There are two areas where you can insert multimedia content:
- in normal post or page with the classic shortcodes added to the post textarea.
- in specific Custom Post Type, a dedicated area to make video platforms where we have a single “Featured video” for each page (like WP Featured Images).
And there are 5 possibility to insert video:
- from local WP installation (after upload video files through FTP): you must place the PATH of this local video resource (for example: /opt/lampp/htdocs/wp/wp-content/uploads/video) and files list appears in file selector.
- from any file server or WP installation: you must place the URL (http://...) and files list appears in file selector.
- from Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Server) [files list appears in file selector],
- directly uploading (or selecting) files through WordPress media uploader (limited size: depends on the configuration of php and WP) [dedicated input for each format: mp4, webm, ogg]
- from the platform Youtube & Vimeo. [dedicated input]
OSmedia Featured video – Custom Post Type:
For this type of page, the best way to display video is to use a specific template (like Os-media theme, specifically designed for this plugin) or you can insert the function Osmedia_video() in your theme. This content are also optimized for latest WP theme like Twenty Fifteen or Twenty Fourteen, automatically detected by this plugin, which loads the dedicated layout for CPT content. If your theme is not recognized, is loaded by default the file layout/osmedia_cpt.php, that you can edit and customize for display your featured video.
OS-media WordPress video plugin player
Image poster for video:
- For normal post&page you can place poster URL in shortcode.
- In custom Post Field you can use the WP Featured Image, otherwise the plugin try to load image file from the same directory with the same name and .jpg extension.
Some configs parameters are general config, not present in single-post settings, this one are effective for post already created (for example: “local video path”, or “player skin”). And some other config parameters for default setting that are overwritten by the same settings parameters present in single-post (for example: “width”, or “autoplay”).
video file=”demo” fileurl="https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/” img="http://.." youtube="KTRVYDwfDyU" width="640" height="360"
You can customize you own player skin simply generating css file through this tool: http://codepen.io/heff/pen/EarCt. After that upload this file in the plugin folder: player/videojs/skin. The file name should reflect the name of the main class of the css file (not including the extension .css).
[av_masonry_gallery ids=’4768,4766,4765,4788′ items=’4′ columns=’4′ paginate=’pagination’ size=’fixed’ gap=’large’ overlay_fx=’active’ caption_elements=’excerpt’ caption_display=’always’ container_links=’active’ id=”]
List of all parameters of OS-media
IMPORTANT NOTE about old version (1.0):
The old featured video post create through old version of this plugin MUST be simply manually reloaded in Admin Area and, when appear the video data on the metabox form, click “Generate Shortcode” button and save post. This because in the new version in normal post and page, video are displayed only through shortcode.
OS-media – WordPress HTML5 video video plugin, is based on: